Macrophage Pharma’s lead programme is focused on the novel macrophage targeted p38 MAPK inhibitor, CHR-6155, supported by a strong package of non-clinical immuno-oncology and early safety pharmacology data.
Supporting the lead programme, the company also has second generation programmes under development.
Macrophage Pharma’s discovery engine is driven by:
- Enabling know-how including:
- A knowledge base of chemistry design principles enabling rapid lead optimisation
- A significant chemical library available against a number of enzymes
- Use of hCE-1+ve and hCE-1-ve cell lines to establish monocyte selectivity in cell growth and acid accumulation assays
- Use of whole blood FACS assays to determine monocyte selectivity and establish early PD markers
- A knowledge base of successful ESM™ pre-clinical development and regulatory pathways
- An established & extensive network of collaborators (academic and industrial) and key opinion leaders
- Establishment of a robust IP position